Sunday, March 28, 2010

Mention Of Mentoring Down Under!

Even as a small child, I knew that I wanted to help people in some capacity or another. After years of formal education, professional experiences, and 27 years of of (actively living) life. I recently found my lane, they tell me "Find a job that you love and you'll never work a day in your life." Since December 2009 I have been working on a County wide youth mentoring initiative and it is starting to shape up quite nicely. I use my instructional design training and resources to "Identify problems with the current traditional model of mentoring and then recommend ways to make them more effective." On this journey to create a better mentoring program, I have come across many people who are wiling to lend a helping hand with this tremendous task. Sarah Stewart of New Zealand has been provided great assistance with linking me to valuable resources. Check out this presentation that briefly mentions me (Terrance DeShaun).

No comments:

Post a Comment